The Future. Through the Eyes of a Surgeon
ACS celebrates 100 years
It is hard to believe that we have entered a new decade and are already several months removed from our annual meeting. The Wisconsin Surgical Society hosted another great conference at the American Club last November with a record number of attendees. The strength of the educational program was one of the highlights of the meeting and we should all thank and recognize Drs. Grover, Lawson and Ridolfi for their efforts in putting together such an outstanding program. A thank you to all members that were able to attend the 2019 meeting. Members who were not able to attend missed a great program but we look forward to your attendance this year in Kohler. The meeting will be at the American Club on November 6 – 7, 2020. If you are interested in being part of the planning committee, please let Terry know at email@example.com
The Wisconsin Surgical Society remains active in the area of advocacy and we continue to need the support of the membership. We were once again a sponsor for Dr. Day on January 29, 2020, at the State Capitol. It was an informative event and well worth our investment to participate. Plan on joining us for Dr. Day 2021. Information will be posted when it’s available.
The number of dues paying members in our Society has been declining. In order to maintain a strong and vibrant society we have to maintain a strong membership, if you have not done so already, please visit the Wisconsin Surgical Society website at http://www.wisurgicalsociety.com where the easy online payment option is available. We will also be conducting a membership campaign to attract new members to the Society. If you have practice partners, or local colleagues that are not yet members, please extend an invitation to them to join. Please encourage your colleagues and friends in other areas of the state to join as well, this will not only increase the membership but add more diversity to the society. You can find the application for membership on the website.
* If you are an Active Member – Thank You for your membership and use the Dues Renewal Form.
* If you are an Associate or have recently become a Fellow with The American College of Surgeons, please fill out the application for membership form.
* If you are a retired or senior member, there is no charge. However, please return your contact information using the Dues Renewal Form.
* If you are a resident or a medical student, there is no charge. Please return your contact information using the Dues Renewal Form.
* And new this year, invite nurse practitioners, PA’s and PhD’s involved with surgical care to join as an affiliate member. The form can be found here.
Thank you for your continued support of the Wisconsin Surgical Society. Please feel to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org any suggestion, concerns or new ideas for the Society.
Brian D. Lewis, MD FACS
President, Wisconsin Surgical Society